A story about sexual health and possible pregnancy

“I have been with Jake since the end of year 9. We get on so well and I can tell him anything. He has been a bit weird lately, I think because he is stressed about the exams as he wants to do medicine at uni. He will do well he’s really clever.

Thing is we started sleeping together a few months …well more like 10 months ago. I have missed my period. I am freaking out which is probably what is making me late especially as I am stressed with my exams. I don’t want to tell Jake he is already stressed, I don’t trust my mates they will think it’s proper goss, who can I talk to?”

How Meg can get help

She can speak to a trusted adult such as a parent, grandparent, teacher, youth or social worker who can use this website to figure out how best to get help in this very dangerous situation.

If you find yourself wanting sexual health advice, this could be you need advice on contraception, pregnancy testing, and advice on STI, there are people you can speak to for help. If you are still at school you could speak to your school nurse, family planning clinic at your GPs or contact local organisations that are there to help young people who need support or advice. 




Do you need help?

  • Humberside Police

    Humberside Police – If you have concerns about someone’s wellbeing, please report to the police on 101 or dial 999 if it’s an emergency.

  • ceop

    CEOP – If you’re worried about online abuse or the way someone has been communicating online, if you have been a victim or are worried this is happening to someone you know, this can be reported safely and securely to CEOP (Child Exploitation and Online Protection) through their experienced Child Protection Advisors.

  • Crimestoppers

    Crimestoppers – reports can be made anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

  • Childline

    Childline – if you have any worries about a child or young person. Call free on 0800 1111, or have a 1-2-1 chat online or send an email via their website at www.childline.org.uk any time of the day or night.

  • NSPCC - 24/7

    NSPCC – 24/7 line for for adults and young people to express concerns they may have in relation to child sexual exploitation (CSE), 0800 389 1701
    NSPCC – 24/7 adult helpline covering all child protection issues, 0808 800 5000

  • Fearless.org

    Fearless.org – Fearless is a site where you can access non-judgemental information and advice about crime and criminality. What makes this site different is we also provide you with a safe place to give information to us about crime – 100% anonymously.

Or she can speak to a trusted adult such as a parent, grandparent, teacher, youth or social worker who can use this website to figure out how best to get help in this very dangerous situation.